Friday, November 25, 2022

The Mighty Carillon

Longtime fans of the blog know that I love a good carillon record. I don't think I have any of those for you this year, unfortunately, but I do have this single that sings the praises of the carillon. That'll have to do. It's not really a Christmas track, but since the instrument is so closely tied to the season in my mind, I figured it would be OK. And the B side is a Santa song, so that counts. This is The Merrill Staton Choir-The Carillon b/w Sidewalk Santa (Epic 7" 45 RPM 5-9429 Radio Station Copy, Mono, 1960). I don't think The Merrill Staton Choir ever recorded a Christmas album, but I'm starting to think I could piece one together from stray tracks. I should work on that...

MEGA

3 comments:

  1. Sidewalk Santa is a great tune that could have easily have slid on one of Ray Conniff's Christmas albums. '

    To help you in your search, Merrill's recording of the Winter Song is on 1966's Happy Holidays, Album Two from True Value and Columbia Special Products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I take a couple of days off and now I need a week to catch up. I may skip the mice. But Sidewalk Santa and Christmas Boogie are winners. Onward to the rest of your late November shares.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...