Saturday, November 26, 2022

All Day Saturday-Part 6

I have absolutely no background info on many of the Christmas singles I'm bringing you this season, and I'm not going to pretend to know more than I do. I find these things all over, and I suspect many of them have fallen through the cracks of history, though I suspect many of the creators are still alive. I've had many of them stumble across the blog in years' past and tell us the stories of their records. That's always good information to have. And then there's always someone who just knows a lot about everything that stops by and helps fill in the backstory as well. Any and all info is appreciated around here. This single is the odd sort that has two different artists, you don't see that too often. But I guess if you can't come up with two songs, you find someone else with the same problem and you join forces. And is this the same Gusto Records that bought the old King Label? Interesting. Anyhow, this is Vic Jordon-Little Drummer Boy (with some truly messed-up writing credits) b/w Roy Wiggins-Blue Christmas (Gusto 7" 45 RPM GO 123, Stereo, 1974). Enjoy!

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Gusto was one of the owners of King after Syd Nathan died, I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume this is the same Gusto, but I didn't know they released original stuff. I thought it was all just cheap reissues.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...