Saturday, November 26, 2022

All Day Saturday-Part 12

OK, here's a single that features two songs included on the soundtrack LP The Stingiest Man In Town. (Buster points out that these are the same songs from the soundtrack, but they are not the same recordings. He apparently recorded them again for a new label, so these are unique versions!) I was confusing this single with that last one I shared. It's still an interesting couple of songs, and stuff you don't hear very often. This is Johnny Desmond-Old Fashioned Christmas b/w The Birthday Party Of The King (Coral (Canada) 7" 45 RPM 9-61747, Mono, 1956)

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Since this 45 is on Coral and the original cast LP of "The Stingiest Man in Town" is on Columbia, I checked to see if they were the same recordings. They are different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for noticing that. I didn't even realize it was a different label, and if I did, I figured it was a Canadian version. I updated the main post.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for posting these two great sides from the singer they called the GI Sinatra when he was in Glenn Miller's Army Air Force Band in WWII. Johnny is superb on both of these selections, which should have been Christmas classics in their own right. Both sides are excellent, but I think "The Birthday Party of A King" is my favorite. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. Glad I recorded this since Buster points out it's not the same recording as on the LP. You never know what's in the grooves until you listen. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...