Saturday, November 26, 2022

All Day Saturday-Part 3

Batting third today is this single from an album that has somehow escaped my clutches all these years. I thought I had it a couple years back when I saw it mentioned on a Facebook post from a record store an hour or two away. I drove up there bright and early Saturday morning to try and buy it, but it was nowhere to be found. I asked the owner if it had sold, but he pointed to another customer and said he was carrying it around to buy. I asked if he was for sure going to buy it, and the owner said that guy was a bigger collector than I was! So I went home without the record I wanted that day. From the LP of the same name, this is Len Maxwell-A Merry Monster Christmas b/w The Sounds Of Christmas (20th Century Fox 7" 45 RPM 551, Mono, 1964). You'll be surprised with this one, it's much better than it deserves to be.

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. JESUS YOU'RE KILLING ME! I BLINKED FOR A SECOND AND WHOA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it. You are pulling out all the stops today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hearing of it seems to be the easy part, it's getting a copy in my grubby paws that's proving tough. And like I mentioned, it's better than I expected.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...