Thursday, November 24, 2022

2022 At 78 RPM-Thanksgiving Special

I've been sharing Christmas music from 78 RPM records courtesy of The Internet Archive all year long now, but I've been saving some Thanksgiving records for today! There's aren't too many, but there's some good ones. I'd refer you to our previous big 78 blowout a couple years ago if you want more Thanksgiving, we have a stack of goodies then, many more than today, but this isn't a bad haul. Download and have a listen!

1. Gene Autry With Carl Cotner Orchestra-Little Johnny Pilgrim (Thanksgiving Ballad)
2. The Melodeons With Orchestral Accompaniment-Punky Punkin (The Happy Pumpkin)
3. Major Records-Single Turkey
4. Johnny Otis Orchestra-Vocal By: The Robins-Turkey Hop, Part 1
5. Gene Autry With Carl Cotner Orchestra-Guffy The Goofy Gobbler (Novelty Song)
6. The Melodeons With Orchestral Accompaniment-Guffy, The Goofy Gobbler
7. Major Records-Single Turkey
8. The Jolly Companions-Thanksgiving Polka-Tacksägelse Polka-Takkefest Polka-Kiitosjuhlan Polkka-Padēkavonēs Dienos Polka
9. Johnny Otis Orchestra-Turkey Hop, Part 2
10. Major Records-Turkeys (Calm)
11. Major Records-Turkeys (Excited)
12. Speedy Q Sound Effects-Turkeys Gobbling
13. Speedy Q Sound Effects-Turkeys Gobbling
14. Speedy Q Sound Effects-Turkeys Gobbling
15. Speedy Q Sound Effects-Turkey Sounds And Gobbling
16. Speedy Q Sound Effects-Turkey Sounds (No Gobble)
17. Earl Rogers, Tenor-Come Ye Thankful People

MEGA



















4 comments:

  1. Sitting on the couch after a typically HUGE T-day dinner. I can hardly move! I was just thinking I wish I had a Thanksgiving playlist and here you are Ernie! You couldn't have been more timely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate so much I can't move to get to the couch. And I'm supposed to be eating my second meal right about now. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holidays, gents! Thanks for this amazing playlist, Ernie. How did I ever miss "Guffy, the Goofy Gobbler"? That Gene Autry just never gave up with the holiday animal songs.

    I am intrigued by "Turley Sounds (No Gobble)" - I didn't know they had other sounds. But really, I am most grateful on this Thanksgiving day for the Johnny Otis record!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice little collection of tunes and sound effects. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...