Friday, November 25, 2022

Christmas On The Radio-Part 2

In the same plastic sleeve as the Buck Owens & Susan Raye radio show I shared with you yesterday was this similar show for Al Martino and his Christmas album. This one is very similar to the other, but it came with a couple more sheets of paper offering a clearer depiction of what was in the grooves for the long-suffering DJ who had to play the show. I wasn't as excited about this one, but it's still an interesting piece of Christmas history for you to listen to. I can't find much in common between the two Christmas albums featured on these shows. The Al Martino came out in 1964 and the Buck & Susan LP came out in 1971. Dunno how long this series of shows lasted either. When I checked Discogs last, there weren't a whole lot of records linked to this label. (Though I would be interested in that Bill Bixby Christmas single if anyone has it...) I also think it has some relation to Dick Clark and his vast radio empire, but I can't prove anything. Anyhow, please be my guest and give a listen to Al Martino-Christmas With... (Diamond P Enterprises DPE 503 Radio Show, Stereo).

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. I looked in here yesterday but apparently I was too early and now I'm way behind already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things happen fast when the season starts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is that song in Segment 2 at 06:15? Touchingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. discogs may or may not have many listings, but Diamond P was a syndicator of radio shows for local stations with Dick Clark involved to some degree and produced a variety of syndcated shows distributed on both vinyl disc and reel tape in the 70s. Technically it wasn't a label

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think i found it. The Song called in Segment 2 at 6:15 is The Star Carol.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...