Thursday, November 24, 2022

Whee!

I was digging through the stacks recently and noticed that I had a lot of Christmas records by various junior high, high school, college and church choirs, and many of them featured the same covers. You've probably seen these things, they were pressed by a company called Delta, and you got to choose your cover from a selection of stock images, thus saving on pressing costs. Then you sold copies door to door to raise money for the group. It occurred to me that I could save a lot of time this year if I recorded a bunch of those and shared them with you. That way I wouldn't have to scan in all of the album covers for each individual release, I could just scan one of each different type. So out of the hundreds I was able to pull together in the collection, I recorded a big pile of them and hope to spend most of the season sharing that great amateur music with you. This is the first of many to come, Wheeling High School Concert Choir-O Holy Night (Delta DRS 69 673, Stereo, 1969). Enjoy!

1. Joy To The World
2. Away In A Manger
3. Mary's Baby
4. While Shepherds Watched Their Flock
5. The Shepherds Nowell
6. O Come, All Ye Faithful
7. Hurry Home For Christmas
8. Roundelay Noel
9. In A Manger
10. Echo Carol
11. A Holly Jolly Christmas
12. We Wish You The Merriest

MEGA

6 comments:

  1. Clever! Still have to do the labels, though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that giant inside gatefold spread, that's the hard part...

      Delete
  2. Thanks, Ernie. Looking forward to this season and stopping by each day. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are several Japanese ones that keep showing up, including a few from the Boy Scouts. The only ones I've gotten so far are one from a girls' school in the 60s, and a college glee club's performance of Bach's Christmas Oratorio. The others show up regularly, but these were pretty unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure any non-US one of these would be interesting. I may have some Canadian ones in the stack, but I'm too lazy to dig for 'em.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...