Saturday, December 11, 2010

Owens & Raye, Inc


A sadly overlooked album in the Buck Owens catalog, this was his third Christmas LP, this time featuring Susan Raye instead of the Buckaroos.  I think this is made up entirely of songs that were already found on his two earlier Christmas records, but at least they are new versions featuring his discovery, Susan Raye.  I don't know the whole story of Buck and Susan, but there's got to be some interesting stuff in there.  I've been sharing this since 2005, waiting each year for it to see the light of CD, but to no avail.  So that means you're still allowed to download Buck Owens & Susan Raye-Merry Christmas From Buck Owens & Susan Raye (Capitol ST-837, Stereo, 1971).

1. One Of Everything You Got
2. Home On Christmas Day
3. All I Want For Christmas Is My Daddy
4. A Very Merry Christmas
5. It's Not What You Give
6. Good Old Fashioned Country Christmas
7. Christmas Isn't Christmas Without You
8. Santa Looked A Lot Like Daddy
9. Santa's Gonna Come In A Stagecoach
10. Tomorrow Is Christmas Day

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

3 comments:

  1. FYI, the MegaUpload link is incorrect. Thanks for the share - I hadn't checked this one out before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't seem to get these things right this year. Thanks for letting me know, should be fixed now. I don't usually notice these things until a day or two later and I get no downloads. Even the worst shares get a few downloads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't thank you enough for posting this album. I downloaded it from you years ago, and prior to that had never heard any of Buck's Christmas music (the closest I'd come was Garth Brooks' awful cover of Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy). I now have all three of his albums playing in heavy rotation during Christmas music season (which, for me, is early October through the end of December).

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...