Sunday, December 05, 2010

Two Birds, One Stone

I thought I was killing two birds with one stone tonight, not only giving you another Chanukah share, but also giving you my single of the day.  But then I remembered that this was a double single, so I guess I'm really killing two birds with two stones.  Anyhow, this neat little record tells us all about Chanukah and sings a few songs to boot.  It played at 78 RPM but had a narrow microgroove recording on it, so I was able to use a normal needle.  My turntable doesn't spin fast enough for it, though, so I had to record it at 45 RPM, then fix the speed in software.  I think it turned out pretty well for what it is.  So on this, the fifth night of Chanukah, I give you Tell Me About Chanukah-Story Of Chanukah and Chanukah Melodies (KTAV 2x 7" 78 RPM Microgroove, 1951, Mono).

1. Edward Gold With Elaine Wertheim-Story Of Chanukah-Side 1
2. Edward Gold With Elaine Wertheim-Story Of Chanukah-Side2
3. Honore Singer With Elaine Wertheim-It Was The First Night Of Chanukah
4. Victoria Yousha With Elaine Wertheim-Blessing Of The Candles
5. Honore Singer-These Chanukah Lights
6. Victoria Yousha With Elaine Wertheim-Hanerot Hallelu
7. Honore Singer-Do You Know This Chanukah Song
8. Victoria Yousha With Elaine Wertheim-Rock Of Ages
9. Honore Singer-In Hebrew We Sing It Like This
10. Victoria Yousha With Elaine Wertheim-Maoz Tzur
11. Honore Singer-In The Flickering Candlelight
12. Victoria Yousha With Elaine Wertheim-Al Hanissim

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all these Chanukah records!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is the first comment I've gotten on any of my Chanukah shares. I was beginning to think no one noticed. I just wish I had eight shares for you. One more very small one to go, then that's it. Maybe next year I'll have more.

    Thanks for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...