Thursday, December 09, 2010

Body Spray?

I seem to be running dangerously low on new shares. I've still got plenty of stuff to go, I just need to work to get the scans mated up with the MP3s, then package them up into sharable ZIP files.  Good thing the weekend is fast approaching.  Thankfully, I'm not out yet.  This record is a nice little Christmas story about a kid who dreams big for Christmas.  I first heard the story as told by Bing Crosby, even recorded it one year to share, only to discover it's on CD.  So when I found this one, I was excited.  It looks to have once been paired with a book, but the book is long gone.  Other than that, I couldn't find much information about it at all on the internet.  Perhaps one of you will know something about it, if so, please leave me a comment.  For your downloading pleasure tonight, I present An Axe, An Apple And A Buckskin Jacket (Columbia Book & Record Library CC 24508, Stereo).

1. The Carillon Singers-How Lovely Is Christmas
2. Frank Luther-An Axe, An Apple, And A Buckskin Jacket-Part 1
3. Frank Luther With Darrell Sandeen, Tom Spiro, Eric Carlson And The Carillon Singers-An Axe, An Apple, And A Buckskin Jacket
4. Frank Luther-An Axe, An Apple, And A Buckskin Jacket-Part 2
5. Frank Luther-An Axe, An Apple, And A Buckskin Jacket-Part 3
6. Frank Luther With Darrell Sandeen, Tom Spiro, Eric Carlson And The Carillon Singers-Johnny Appleseed
7. Frank Luther-An Axe, An Apple, And A Buckskin Jacket-Part 4
8. Frank Luther With Darrell Sandeen, Tom Spiro, Eric Carlson And The Carillon Singers-Incident At Roger's Creek
9. Frank Luther-An Axe, An Apple, And A Buckskin Jacket-Part 5
10. Frank Luther With Darrell Sandeen, Tom Spiro, Eric Carlson And The Carillon Singers-How Lovely Is Christmas (Reprise)

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

11 comments:

  1. Is this the same story as is on the Bing Crosby album? I too found the Bing album and was going to share it until I found that it was on CD (was surprised at that). And, my record has a glob of goo on it that I haven't been able to remove..

    Looking forward to listening to this - thanks Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any chance you still have "An axe an apple and a buckskin jacket" downloaded eight years ago on this site? I'd be eternally grateful...
      Rwolford@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Yep, same as Bing. Same script even. Frank Luther is great, but having heard Bing first, that's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just knew this would have something to do with Johnny Appleseed! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for this one for years - can't thank you enough Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found the same blog where YOU found "An axe, an apple, and a buckskin jacket" years ago... But the link is gone. Any chance you have that file still? I'd be eternally grateful!

      Delete
  5. Thanks a million! I grew up listening to this and have not been able to find it. Our family has been enjoying it this Christmas and all the memories of past ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found the same blog where YOU found "An axe, an apple, and a buckskin jacket" years ago... But the link is gone. Any chance you have that file still? I'd be eternally grateful!

      Delete
  6. Ernie--are you still out there?? I listened to this on my superman record player as a child... Over and over. I am just trying to track it down for MY little girl and found your blog. Don't think this link still works... You don't happen to still have this file, do you?? I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle here!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are the odds you still have the link to this version?! I've been on a crazy hunt for it for so long and finally found your blog! I would be so happy if you could let me know if you still have this!! Please and thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You mean like at this newer post?

    http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-man-with-axe.html

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...