Monday, December 06, 2010

Another Eddie

I may as well share out this other Eddie on organ while I'm at it.  I remember rushing home back in 2006 after finding this at the Goodwill store.  I didn't even know it existed and now I had a copy of it in my hand.  Turned out I didn't like it all that much, but you never know.  You might like it though.  Please download Eddie Layton-Organ Music For Christmas With Chimes And Brass Choir (Epic BN 26118, Stereo, 1964).

1. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
2. White Christmas
3. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer; Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
4. I'll Be Home For Christmas
5. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
6. Silver Bells
7. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; Joy To The World
8. We Three Kings Of Orient Are; It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
9. Away In A Manger; Silent Night, Holy Night
10. Cantique De Noel (O Holy Night)
11. O Little Town Of Bethlehem

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie,

    A question: is organ such a popular instrument in the USA? Here on the other side of the ocean there's no organ album in secondhand music stores. It don't sell. I hope that you're not angry, It's just a question.

    Your blog, great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair question. I doubt if you can find many organ & chime records in the stores today, but as late as the mid sixties, they seemed to be a staple of record companies, not just at Christmas but year-round. They slowly died out eventually, but they're still being made and sold in certain circles. I guess for a lot of people of a certain age, they sound like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...