Sunday, December 05, 2010

The Elusive Part 2


One of the things that is still not out on CD is this great LP from The Ramsey Lewis Trio.  It's a followup to their first Christmas vinyl, which has shown up on CD and is justifiably popular.  So why not put out the second one as well, or even squeeze it onto the same CD? I don't understand how such things work, but it's probably got something to do with lawyers.  Anyhow, I've been sharing this one with you since 2007, and I'm going to keep doing so until it gets a proper re-release.  This is The Ramsey Lewis Trio-More Sounds Of Christmas (Cadet LP-745, Stereo, 1964).

1. Snowbound
2. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
3. Egg Nog
4. Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer
5. Jingle Bells
6. Plum Puddin'
7. Snowfall
8. We Three Kings
9. White Christmas
10. Little Drummer Boy

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

This alternate cover isn't in the download, since I didn't find it until a year after I first shared out the record. If you want a copy of this cover, you'll have to save it manually.  Looks like I need to find a cleaner copy, too.

8 comments:

  1. looks like the mediafire link goes to a Channukah .zip file.

    FYi - thanks for all you do on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should be better now. I'm not used to sharing things out on multiple sites, and it's getting me all screwed up. It's getting me a lot more downloads, though, so I guess it's a good thing.

    Thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I downloaded this from you a few years ago and can't believe I haven't listened to it until now. What a fantastic album! This is just what I was looking for to finish up my CD for the family this year. I can't thank you enough for the time and effort you put into this year after year. You've added to my Christmas collection probably more than any other individual site, and are my go-to site when I'm looking for something special to round out my annual CD's. My goal this year is to make a CD of great, unheard songs--basically songs that are just as good or better than anything you hear on the local Top 40 Christmas station, but don't receive any airplay. I've been trying to model my more recent CD's after the compilations I grew up listening to (Firestone albums and the like) so a couple great instrumental tracks are always a must. The Ramsey Lewis Trio will definitely put this year's collection over the top. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott-If you're looking for great unknown instrumentals, try the Dino Martinelli LP:

    http://ernienotbert.blogspot.com/2010/11/dino-is-back-and-in-stereo.html

    I've been more and more impressed by it whenever it pops up on my iTunes. Nothing you haven't heard before, but nice versions.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Ernie, I must Thank You. Iam Eldee Young's youngest son and to see anybody looking for music he did in with the trio, gives me a Christmas present everytime.....From Marcus Young - steppinwithe@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my all time absolute favorite albums. I love this and the first Sound of Christmas more than basically any other holiday music. Thank you so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There actually was a twofer CD issued (briefly) by MCA in Japan. Copies are tough to come by, unfortunately.

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00000GB0B/ref=aw_d_detail?pd=1

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...