Friday, December 10, 2010

Water Damaged Westminster

If you enjoyed my recent share of the Randolph Singers, I think you'll enjoy this record by the unknown Westminster Choraleers.  I'd never heard of them, but I'll pick up just about any Christmas record and give it a listen, especially on certain labels, Westminster included.  I was not disappointed, and I don't think you will be either.  Unfortunately, this record suffered some water damage at some point in the past 54 years.  The music didn't suffer to my ears, but you'll see the back and one of the labels are pretty rough looking.  Like I said, I'll buy just about any Christmas record, but this one was a hard call.  But you'll find it was worth it.  Please download Westminster Choraleers-Christmas At Home-Let's All Sing Carols (Westminster WP 6027, Mono, 1956).

1. Silent Night
2. Deck The Hall
3. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen
5. Angels We Have Heard On High
6. Good King Wenceslas
7. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
8. O Christmas Tree
9. In Dulci Jubilo
10. Adeste Fideles
11. Away In A Manger
12. Joy To The World!
13. The First Nowell
14. O Sanctissima
15. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
16. The Holly And The Ivy
17. This Day Is Born Emmanuel
18. Good Christian Men, Rejoice

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

5 comments:

  1. Ernie, your Mediafire link points to the previous share. Thanks for all the great shares so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mega Upload file is password protected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my second Christmas deployed overseas. I've been emailing my wife and kids, basically all family and letting them in on this wonderful secret I found called Ernie (Not Bert.) I've found a dozen or so albums I truly love. My favorite is Yuletide Favorites.

    From Patch Barracks Stuttgart Germany; Merry Christmas 2010!!! Thank you Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about that. I wasn't really in a mood to post things last night, and I screwed up the link. I fixed the MediaFire one, but I can't find any evidence that the MegaUpload is password protected. You might want to try downloading it again, it's probably corrupted.

    Nathan-Glad to hear I've got a supporter out there. Thank you for your comment, and thank you for serving your country. That reminds me, I've got a ton of records to share that came from the various service branches. I need to get those out there before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting little recording. Organ sounds like an old pump one...player doesn't hold at end of verse/phrase. That is to say it makes this endearing to me. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...