Sunday, December 05, 2010

More Nutcracker

Continuing on with both The Nutcracker and the Caedmon label, here's a record that features what claims to be the first combining of the original Nutcracker story by Hoffmann with the ballet by Tchaikovsky.  Turns out that I wasn't as familiar with the original as I thought I was, as there was quite a bit in this story that surprised me.  This is a long one, over fifty minutes spread out over two sides.  So if you've got some time, and you want to revisit both the story and the music of The Nutcracker, this one is for you.  Please download Claire Bloom With Orchestra Conducted By Jonel Perlea-Story Of The Nutcracker (Caedmon TC 1524, 1977, Stereo).  Good stuff.  If memory serves, fellow blogger Buster found this in a thrift store in Ohio before I got to that stack and handed it to me, thinking it was the perfect item for my Christmas sharity.  And of course, he was correct.  Thanks, Buster!

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

3 comments:

  1. Oh Thankyou! We had this one when I was a child and sadly it was destroyed due to improper storage. Thanks so much for all of your hard work and making these available!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly, I don't even remember that! My memory is not serving me so well these days . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether it happened that way or not, that's how I choose to remember it. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...