Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Christmas On The Harp

Thought I'd bring back another of my all-time biggest downloads.  Don't ask me why, but you folks have really downloaded this LP a lot since I fist shared a mono copy back in 2005. But this is the stereo version, and I've got to say it sounds a whole lot better.  I've found myself really enjoying it when it comes up in iTunes on random play.  I have to click over to it to see who's playing, and it turns out to be Bianco.  This was available only to members of RCA's record club back in 1962, but now it's available to anyone with an internet connection.  Please grab yourself a copy of  The Rainbow Sound Of Bianco, His Harp And Orchestra-Joy To The World-Everybody's Favorite Christmas Music (RCA Victor CSP-104, 1962, Stereo).

1. Medley: We Wish You A Merry Christmas Silent Night
2. White Christmas
3. Jingle Bells
4. O Holy Night
5. Medley: Away In A Manger; The First Noel
6. Medley: Adeste Fideles (O Come, All Ye Faithful); Joy To The World
7. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
8. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
9. Silver Bells
10. Medley: Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; Deck The halls
11. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
12. Medley: Sleigh Ride; We Wish You A Merry Christmas

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

8 comments:

  1. I downloaded this, Grandma Moses, and the Pubsters. Super cool! And so easy! A couple of clicks and everything -- tracks & artwork -- are in my iTunes. I love the faint popping and hissing on the harp tunes --- O Holy Night is quite nice. The Pubsters are fun & silly as I expected/hoped--- and they have a terrific rendition of auld lang syne. I'm looking forward to the next offerings. Who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome holiday album! Go to http://www.alabamaharpist.com/alabamaharpist/Gene_Bianco.html to hear almost every know recording by Gene Bianco as well as other cool harp stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.alabamaharpist.com/
    alabamaharpist/Gene_Bianco.html
    I keep forgetting you can't post a long connected phrase on these things.

    The Grandma Moses is great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harpo-I didn't know Bianco had that many LPs out there. I'll be busy downloading for days. And I can think of at least one Christmas harp LP you're missing. :)

    SRQ-You downloaded three, now you've only got 100 or so to go. If the Bianco sounds rough, I probably need to go in and redo it with my newer software. I get better as the years go buy. Some vinyl noise is nice, but it shouldn't interfere with the music. There's a whole world of Christmas music out there once you get past Andy Williams and Frank Sinatra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? What? Don't leave me in suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see this one at your site. I was going to rip it one year, but The Captain beat me to it.

    http://christmasyuleblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/joe-longstreth-and-john-escosa.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Thanks for the link and for all you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one of the best versions of "O Holy Night" I've heard in a good while. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...