Sunday, December 05, 2010

Got Reindeer?


That last post of my old comp reminded me of this share of some missing Johnny Mathis tracks.  Seems these two tracks got left off of all subsequent reissues of his LP Sounds Of Christmas.  Not sure why that was, because they're great songs.  They were even released as a single at the time, as you can see in the image above.  So I'm trying to set it right by sharing the tracks here.  You get both the mono versions from the single, and the stereo versions from the LP.  To my ear, there's no difference between the two, except for the mono/stereo bit.  I ran my WAV files from last year through ClickRepair, so I think they sound better than ever this time around.  But you can be the judge, please download Johnny Mathis-The Little Drummer Boy/Have Reindeer, Will Travel (Mercury 7" 45 RPM 72217, Mono, 1963).  And the stereo tracks are from Sounds Of Christmas (Mercury SR 60837, Stereo, 1963).

1. The Little Drummer Boy (Mono & Stereo)
2. Have Reindeer, Will Travel (Mono & Stereo)

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a million for "Have Reindeer, Will Travel"!!! Listening to the original Mathis LP from 1958 was a yearly ritual with my family and, while it's a dated tune, it's one that I've dearly missed, and can't find anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these gems! My family played the Sounds of Christmas album by Johnny Mathis every Xmas season, numerous times. You will make my five sisters very happy this Christmas! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks! I have the Columbia reissue CD and found the omission of these tracks really annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have looked everywhere for this, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...