Monday, December 06, 2010

The Last Of Chanukah

My last Chanukah share of the season isn't even a full share.  Only one track on this collection is about Chanukah, but it's a nice one, so I'm calling this a Chanukah share.  I found this 10" along with another 10" on the same day at the same store, and I wound up recording both of them.  (The other is on CD, so don't look for it to be shared around here anywhere.)  Most of my shopping days should be that easy.  I like collections like this that give you a picture of a certain community at a certain period of time, especially when they went to the trouble to make a nice cover and nice production.  If you enjoy such things, too, please download Songs Of The Season 1960 (First Federal Savings And Loan Association Of East Chicago, Indiana  10" 4628/4629, Mono, 1960).

1. Standard Oil Torchlighters-Break Forth O Beauteous Heavenly Light
2. St. Luke's Lutheran Adult Choir-The First Noel
3. St. Luke's Lutheran Adult Choir-Silent Night
4. St. Stanislaus Boys' Choir-Wesola Nowine Brachia Sluchajcie (Polish Carol)
5. St. Stanislaus Boys' Choir-Tryumfy Krola Niebieskiego (Polish Carol)
6. Rabbi Ulrich Steur, Narrator-Mrs. Walter Hathaway, Organist-Richard Lewke, Soloist-Hanukkah Explanation-Jewish Traditional Selection-Rock Of Ages
7. St. Thomas More Girls Choir-O Come, O Come Immanuel
8. St. Thomas More Girls Choir-Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
9. St. Thomas More Adult Choir-Gloria From The Midnight Mass
10. Purdue University (Cal. Ext.) Mixed Choir-Oh Holy Night
11. Purdue University (Cal. Ext.) Mixed Choir-Carol Of The Bells
12. First Christian Reformed Church Choir Of Munster-Good Christian Men Rejoice
13. Standard Oil Torchlighters-Angels We Have Heard On High

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. Ernie, I've been enjoying your shares the last couple of years. This is great! I've actually been to some of these places, since East Chicago is right down the road from me. It's changed a bit since 1960, though! Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie,
    Your posts are fabulous. Do you have a Christmas LP by Guy Lombardo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think there are a couple of them, actually. But I don't have anything recorded by him. All the stuff I'm sharing out got recorded in September and October, it takes me that long to pull all the stuff together for the season. Mayne next year.

    Thanks for the comments, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was a blast from the past. I haven't thought of "Break Forth Oh Beautious Heavenly Light" since Grade 12 Choir. Umm, that was a few years ago. Heh. And oh wonder of wonders I remembered everything my Bass part and the words. Thanks Ernie! -JimmyJ

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...