Monday, December 06, 2010

The Stars!

I thought this was a pretty neat LP, and I've only ever seen it once.  It's got all sorts of tracks that I've only ever seen on singles before, most of them quite infrequently.  Some of the tracks are familiar, but most of them aren't.  I tend to shy away from compilations around here, but for this one, I'm making an exception.  I was reminded of this record yesterday when The King Of Jingaling picked a track from it for his annual ADVENTure in Carols.  That makes two, no, three tracks I've got on there this year.  That may be a personal best, I'm not sure.  As he points out, I shared one of the tracks on here a long time ago from the single, but I think it sounds better here. Please be my guest and download Christmas Music From The Stars (Decca DL 38016 "Limited Edition Of Christmas Music Prepared Exclusively By Decca For Philco", Mono).

1. Judy Garland-The Birthday Of A King
2. Dick Haymes And The Song Spinners-The First Noel
3. Kenny Baker With Eddie Dunstedter-O, Little Town Of Bethlehem
4. Tony Martin-Christmas Candle
5. Deanna Durbin-Silent Night (Christmas Hymn)
6. The Cloister Bells-Adeste Fidelis (Oh, Come, All Ye Faithful)
7. Judy Garland-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
8. Russ Morgan-The Mistletoe Kiss
9. Artie Shaw-Jingle Bells
10. Frank Luther-Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
11. Jascha Heifetz-White Christmas
12. Red Foley-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

3 comments:

  1. Very, very cool - wish I had this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the best of my research, the year is 1957. The latest two records advertised on the back cover were released in 1956. Also, the two Decca VA comps called AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE (same title, different programs) were released in 1958 (Decca DL 9056) & 1959 (Decca DL 38170).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful record! It combines very common tunes and rare ones (Kenny Baker is rather hard to come by). Like the cover too.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...