Friday, December 10, 2010

The Clanging Chimes Of Doom

Some more organ and chimes for you here, probably more than you really want.  Only half of this record is actually Christmas music, the other side being non-seasonal hymns.  Seems that this LP was created by combining two earlier 10" LPs.  I guess that was pretty common practice at Mercury in the early days.  Fans of organ Christmas will enjoy this, I'm sure, but the rest of you, not so much.   It's not going to hurt you if you download it, though.  Trust me, I've got plenty of it, and I haven't died yet.  This is Charles R. Cronham-Ring Out Christmas Bells-Hymns Of Faith, Hope And Joy (Mercury MG 20001, Mono, 1951).

1. Joy To The World-It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
2. Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem
3. Hark The Herald Angels Sing-Away In A Manger
4. Oh, Come All Ye Faithful
5. White Christmas
6. Silent Night
7. The Church's One Foundation
8. Faith Of Our Fathers
9. Abide With Me
10. Onward Christian Soldiers
11. Fairest Lord Jesus
12. Rock Of Ages
13. In The Hour Of Trial
14. A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
15. My Faith Looks Up To Thee
16. I Love To Tell The Story
17. I Need Thee Every Hour
18. All Hail The Power Of Jesus

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire
(Even though it shows Ring Out Christmas Bells on the label, it wasn't there. I looked twice.  And there was some discrepancy about A and B sides.  The jacket had the tracks in one order, and the vinyl labels said something else.  I think I went with the sleeve.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...