Thursday, December 09, 2010

Les (Not Paul)


Somebody left a nice comment recently on my original mono post of this LP from 2006, asking about possibly resharing it.  Well, I'm not gonna reshare that old mono copy, but I'm happy to bring you this stereo one that I started sharing sometime between then and now.  It's a nice album, full of all sorts of things you don't expect when you think of Lester Lanin.  At least I don't think of Lester Lanin that way, you may have a different impression of him... Anyhow, this is a really great LP, more than worth the time it takes to download.  So hop to it and get Lester Lanin And His Orchestra-Christmas Dance Party (Epic BN 547, Stereo, 1959).

1. Jingle Bells
2. White Christmas; I'll Be Home For Christmas; Home For The Holidays; Happy Holiday
3. Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairies
4. Here Comes Santa Claus; Frosty The Snowman
5. Silver Bells; Oh, Christmas Tree (O Tannenbaum); We Wish You A Merry Christmas
6. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
8. Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly; The Wassail Song; Good King Wenceslas
9. Christmas Night In Harlem
10. The Christmas Song; I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day; Christmas In Killarney
11. Winter Wonderland
12. Sleigh Ride
13. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!; Auld Lang Syne; A Hot Time In The Old Time Tonight

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

4 comments:

  1. I got this on your share last year and it's fab! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to thank you for not only sharing such awesome Christmas LPs with us each year, but also for providing MediaFire and MegaUpload links this year! Rapidshare is a pain in the royal *!$# and I could never figure out why everyone seemed to use it. These are so much easier, and I just really wanted to thank you.

    I got into the habit of collecting old Christmas LPs five or so years ago, and just LOVE it! And there's nothing better than downloading a great LP from your site, and then months later finding an actual copy in a thrift store! Yay!

    Thanks again! And have a wonderful Christmas and Holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I'm depressed and need to get out of the funk, I just give this album a spin. It's one of the best. I have to laugh, though, at Lester's quite predictable song beginnings; it seems that he only had one way to get the band rolling...!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...