Saturday, December 02, 2006

Volume 9

Everybody loves these big band Christmas albums, so here's another great one I dug out. Lester Lanin may not have had a great catch phrase like Swing And Sway With Sammy Kaye, but he still put out some great music. For some odd reason, the cover to this record identifies this as Volume 9. I'm going to assume this was part of some series of 'Dance Party' records put out by Mr. Lanin and the boys, and not actually his 9th Christmas record. I imagine I would have seen one or two of the others by now. But maybe not. Every year I see and hear more stuff that is completely new to me, so I know there is stuff out there. Hopefully, this is new and exciting for you. Please download and give a listen to Lester Lanin And His Orchestra-Christmas Dance Party, Volume 9 (Epic LN 3617, 1959).

6 comments:

  1. This is a great album. You beat me to the punch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this album.....
      ..seriously; make offer cwilliams2535043@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. Sory 'bout that, King. I think I've been beat to the punch on about 10 LPs already this year. It's getting tough to find new and different things to share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is some wonderful Christmas dancing music here, if this style is to your liking! Very upbeat, and well-done! Thank you for sharing the music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just discovered your blog yesterday. What a treasure trove of delightful music! Is there any chance this one has been shared again more recently? Recently fell in love with Lester Lanin and absolutely adore the few tracks I've heard of this album. Would love to be able to snag this! THANKS! *waving from CLT NC*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not gonna reshare this old mono version, but how's about the stereo copy? Should pop up in the new 2010 shares soon, or you can search the archives for active downloads in 2008 and 2009. CLT is a great place. There's a bird rescue place there with a snow white hawk. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...