Thursday, November 30, 2006

Tres Mas Feliz Navidad

I guess I should try to squeeze one more Latin-tinged Christmas album here before I move on to something else. This little goody was recorded by a missionary in South America, and he fills it with local songs for the holidays, as well as some familiar Christmas tunes. There is some narration on there as well, my favorite bit being the introduction at the beginning of the LP. That part may make my Christmas CD this year. Without further yakking on my part, here is Bruce Woodman Presents Christmas Carols With A Latin Lilt (SAC 1002).

5 comments:

  1. You make a Christmas CD, Ernie? I'm intrigued. Maybe you can post it - or at least a song list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make one, then I never get the chance to send it out before Christmas. Generally, if you download the stuff from my blog, you've got it all. But having said that, I've been toying with the idea of posting the collection from last year. It's not as impressive as I would like, but I think it's pretty good. I've also thought of doing the track-a-day thing like the King aver at FaLaLaLaLa, but it's sort of a pain to do with RapidShare...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way we can get in touch with Bruce Woodman? We want to use one of his old songs that was recorded long ago and need to find him. Thanks, Les Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid I have no contact with the artists I feature on the blog. Well, occasionally I get an email from somebody, usually with some positive comment about sharing the music, but that's about it. Good luck, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From the people listed on the cover, I believe this album was probably recorded at Radio HCJB in Quito, Ecuador. Several of those named on the album are or were friends of mine. Unfortunately,I did not know Bruce Woodman and have no information about him. However, Delores Baklenko is still living and is the most likely to be able to help you. I think she could be reached via info@hcjb.org.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...