Saturday, December 02, 2006

Three Suns Day, Part Three


Can you take any more? How about this, the third full-length record released by The Three Suns in celebration of Christmas. This one is curious, in that it seems to exist in many, many different covers, but the music is always the same. Speaking of the music, they're starting to get a lot more ambitious here, and closer to the madness they perfected on A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas. Go download The Three Suns-The Sounds Of Christmas (RCA Victor LPM-1132, 1955).

In addition to the cover above, which I believe is the original, there are the following two, and at least one other on a Pickwick label re-release.


Note that with this last cover, they changed the name of the album slightly. Now it's The Sound Of Christmas, instead of Sounds. I guess this came after A Ding Dong Dandy Christmas, and they realized how few sounds were actually on this record. But you'll still enjoy it, trust me.

You can go enjoy the original posts on commentary on these cover here, here and here.

But wait, there's more! The tracks from this LP were split into two different 7" EPs with some really great covers. I've posted those below. These may be my absolute favorite cover variations for this music.


These are The Three Suns-Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer (RCA Victor EPA-654, 1955) and The Three Suns-White Christmas (RCA Victor EPA-655, 1955). Pretty snazzy, eh?

6 comments:

  1. Wahhh! RapidShare has deleted your file. They say they've received complaints. My only complaint is that I didn't download it soon enough! 8-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confound it all! Someone went through and 'complained' about a dozen or so of my files, seemingly at random. Lemme see hat I can do. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever you did worked! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this info! I've been listening to The Sounds of Christmas album (with the NYC cover) since I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice info and scans on the Three Suns Christmas album(s). Been a fan of theirs for a while. Wish I had the original RCA-Victor copy; for now I'm stuck with the later RCA Camden version.

    ReplyDelete
  6. To me, more than any other Christmas album, The Sound(s) Of Christmas by The Three Suns really means Christmas to me. My grandparents had this album (the CAS-633 Camden version) when I was a kid, and I heard it hundreds of times. Never knew it had so many cover variations though. Anyway, my own LP (the Rockefeller Center version) has so many "pizza pies" in the grooves that it's no longer an enjoyable listen. Many many thanks for posting this great Suns album!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...