Friday, December 01, 2006

Frank (Not Sinatra)

What? You want more? How much more do you want? A lot?!?! That's pretty vague. Well, I'd better give you what you want. I don't want a bunch of angry villagers with torches knocking down my door in the middle of the night making odd demands for holiday tunage. Here's a great little album with an even better cover. Why don't you start this download, go make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, then when you get back it'll be all ready for you to listen to and enjoy? Those of you here in Florida can skip the hot chocolate bit, perhaps you'd like to substitute some iced tea, though. Here's Frank Chacksfield And His Orchestra-Music For A Merry Christmas (Richmond B 20056, 1959). Get it while it's hot!
Those of you who are sticklers about such things will notice that there is no back cover scan in this ZIP file. That's because the flip side of this LP is just ads for other records on Richmond (A Product Of London Records).

9 comments:

  1. Say Ernie!

    You don't have any of the "Firestone Presents You Favorite Carols" albums do you? I think there were 8 volumes in all. I have 4, 5 and 6 on vinyl, and would love 1-3, 7 & 8.

    549 Christmas songs on my iPOd and counting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rob-Yeah, I think I have most of them somewhere. I havn't gotten into recording them yet, though. I'm concentrating on the Goodyear Great Songs Of Christmas series first. There's so much out there I want to get to, but it's not going to happen...this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ernie, a good friend of mine asked on Falalalala.com about 2 songs

    Robert Goulet-This Christmas I spend with you &
    Johnny Mathis-Have Reindeer will travel

    He asked in my behalf. I wanted to thank you for posting the Johnny Mathis. I have all 6 Goodyear albums with covers and would gladly post them for you to say thanks. Then you could work on those Firestone ones if you wanted.

    -Dimethios

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dimethios-I'm glad you enjoyed the Johnny Mathis track. It's a great song and I enjoyed listening to it again. It might make an appearance here at the blog in the not too distant fture. The Robert Goulet you're looking for was shared out over at BongoBells, I think, so you should check there. I only wish I had the time to fill everyone's request, or at least the record collection to do so. About the Goodyear records, I think there were more than six. I'll get them someday, I just have to be in the mood. Same with the Firestone, and about 1200 more records in the stacks... I know what I'm going to be doing when I retire in 30 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice record this one, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT JUMPIN' ICEBERGS!

    I never knew Mr. Chacksfield released a Christmas album! This would have made my grandmother's day!

    Thanks for this post Ernie!


    Capt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dimethios-
    Can you confirm the playlist for Goodyear No. 6. Is it the one with Bing singing White World of Winter and Steve and Edyie singing Let it Snow. Thanks, John
    jwneiderhiser@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd love to hear all 7 of those Firestone LPs as well. I only have No. 6. There were 7 btw. Amazon has 5 or 6 of them, and once and a while you can see the whole series for sale on ebay.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in the mood for some good smarmy strings Christmas music.....and here you are. Thanks!

    - MoonBear

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...