Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Feliz Navidad


I got a comment today on this LP from where I shared it last year. The kind reader said something about this being one of their favorite Christmas records, and it really brought back the memories. Well, maybe. I never had the pleasure of listening to Menudo when I was younger. In fact, all I can remember of Menudo was that they were on Silver Spoons (oooh, Erin Gray...) once, I think, and maybe a commercial for Burger King. Beyond that, I remained Menudo-free until I found this LP. And to tell you the truth, I could have lived without it. But maybe you can't. If not, please go download Menudo-Feliz Navidad (Profono Internacional TPL-1405, 1983). But when your ears start to bleed, don't come crying to me. I've got worse stuff to share, but barely...

3 comments:

  1. i have some requests for a future posting:
    "Frank Sinatra & Friends Want You Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"
    Domenic Sarvino "Hi-Fi Christmas Party"
    Gisele MacKenzie "Christmas With Gisele"
    David Rose "A Merry Christmas From
    David Rose
    "Winter Wonderland" by Johnny Mercer, "Silent Night" by Les Paul & Mary Ford, "Jingle Bells" by Les Paul and "Silver Bells" by Margaret Whiting & Jimmy Wakely from "Merry Christmas To You!" (Capitol T-9030)provided that those songs aren't on CD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie,

    I remember Menudo in spots betwixt cartoons on Saturday morning. They were a poor second fiddle to Schoolhouse Rock. Up to that point, my only contact with hispanic culture was the chapter on the conquistadors in our social studies book.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...