Thursday, November 30, 2006

Angels Swing


A little change of pace here from singing French girls and various Latin albums, here's a little jazzy big-band swing thing. This is another re-run from last year, so if you got it then, don't get it again, it's exactly the same. I had hoped to bring you a bonus track from one of their earlier albums on RCA, but I seem to have misplaced it. Maybe I'll have found it by the time Christmas In July rolls around next year. I still like the cover on this one. The music is pretty good, too, especially the vocal numbers. I wrote last year that the music wasn't all that great, but it's grown on me since then. So what's stopping you from downloading this and giving it a listen? Oh, the link. Allow me to present The World's Greatest Jazzband Of Yank Lawson & Bob Haggart-Hark The Herald Angels Swing (World Jazz WJLP 5-2, 1972).

4 comments:

  1. This is a great album, and I PAID a friend of mine to transfer (and clean up) my vinyl to CD.

    If you like this, you'll also like Ira Ironstring's holiday CD rereleased by Collector's Choice.

    I'm just exploring your site ... wow ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Ira Ironstrings Christmas record is one of the greatest things ever!!! I wanted to host it here but it's on CD, so I usually just post a picture of it and tell people to go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Big "E",
    Hark the Hearald I Can Now Swing!
    Thanks for the access to the WGJB's "Hark The Hearald Angels Swing" download.
    I first heard and tape recorded three recordings from this album from WBFO in Buffalo, New York on Christmas eve, 1995.
    The DJ didn't have a great deal of info on the band other than what was on the Albulm. I've searched since 95 and came closest on eBay last year but I don't have LP capabilities on hand. Even so I continued to search and came close to purchasing an LP this year just so I could say I have a copy of the WGJB in hopes of somehow transferring the recording.
    Yank -n- Bob rock for the Holidaze and now so can I thanks to your generousity.

    Happy Holidaze and New Year as well.
    Linley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linley-Glad I could help you end your quest. Every time I listen to this LP, it grows on me a little more. it's certainly an undiscovered classic.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...