Sunday, November 26, 2006

Come Hear The Singing Bunny!

Just a couple of minutes ago I reposted an LP from last year by Buddy & Bunny Burden. I made the comment last year that even though Bunny was prominently featured on the cover, she was nowhere to be heard on the record. So, my buddy Lee over at Music You Won't dug up a record that featured a couple of tracks from this same duo, this time with Bunny on vocals. Digging through the archives, I realized I actually had that record, so I recorded it, and am going to share it with you in it's entirety. One of the Buddy & Bunny tracks is a new one, the other is a remake (or is it the original?) of a track from their full LP. Both are pretty good, in a kitschy sort of way. The rest of the LP is OK, featuring tracks from Bobby Russell, Bill Purcell and even a later incarnation of the Harmonicats! So go out and download A Family Christmas Album-Something For Everybody (Halo 1007).

Oh, if you're interested, you can get a track from Bill Purcell (I'm not sure why they spell it Purcell on this various artists LP and Pursell on his own LP. I suspect it should have an 's', but who knows...) from our Christmas In July celebration, as well as a couple from the real Harmonicats.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. This is amazing. I've had this LP in my Christmas boxes for decades and haven't had a turntable to play it. I was about to buy a Turntable/MP3 recorder just to get this and a couple other ancient Christmas albums converted. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...