Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Cover Love

Let's see what I've got in the pipes that I can share with you this morning before work. OK, here's an interesting one that once again features the organ at Christmas. What is this, the tenth one I've shared that features the organ? Believe me, it's not the last. I think I was drawn to this one more for the cover than anything else. Have a look at it. Cool, isn't it? I'm not sure what those red and green things are supposed to be. I thought maybe they represented Joseph and Mary, but I'm not so sure now. And those little black spots on there? Could those be cartoon bombs? All they lack is a little fuse... Enough of my nonsense. Why don't you go download Godfrey Malcolm & Fredrico-Chimes Of Christmas (Brigade P-1320S)?

6 comments:

  1. Those could be aliens with little earrings (why not? the steeple kind of looks like a space ship), or maybe mittens with ornament-looking tassles. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.

    Just wanted to say hello and that i am enjoying some christmas music!

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen-Aliens would explain some of the miracles later associated with the baby Jesus. And the star over Bethlehem that night could well be the spaceship from ET. I think you're onto something here...

    Kayla-Cousin Kayla? Glad you stopped by. What do you want for Christmas? Not that I drew your name or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ernie,

    I didn't see an email on here so I thought I would drop a line in your comments! I have a Christmas CD you may want take a listen to. It's the first Christmas album from the ever-endearing, Antsy McClain! Drop me a line at tricia@lotosnile.com if you are interested.

    Happy Holidays,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I presume the red & green objects are supposed to be bells, with the "bombs" to be the clangers. I imagine we're seeing (only part of) them through arched windows...it's very abstract and 60s, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pete-I think you've hit the nail on the head (or the bell on the, umm, edge). Now that you've pointed it out, it makes perfect sense, and that's the only way I can see it. Thanks for figuring that out!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...