Saturday, December 02, 2006

Three Suns Day, Part Two


For my second act, I'll throw up The Suns' first full-length Christmas effort. This set has been issued in a couple of different formats, but I managed to track down the original 3x7" set in a box for you from 1949. This is really early and has only the basic instrumentation in common with the later, peppier (to say the least) stuff. This is 18 minutes of Three Sun fun that you'll want to add to your holiday collection, though. Please download The Three Suns Present Your Christmas Favorites (RCA Victor WP 250, 1949). This is another rerun from last year, so if you want to read the fun stuff I wrote about this release then, click here.

2 comments:

  1. An amazing site, Ernie(not Bert). I just discovered it nearly one week ago.In 1959 I bought my first pick up. It was a Braun . Made in Germany. Since that year I try to collect fine music including Christmas records. My first Christmas LP in 1960 was by "The Maastrichter Staar"A male chorus from Maastricht in Holland. On some tracks there was a boy soprano named Peter Serpenti. A great LP.
    By the way, I am a great fan of accordeon music. Can you add the LP from The Three Suns"Present your Christmas Favorites"? I hope that's possible.Thank's already
    Regards
    Rob IJsseldijk
    Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I didn't know this wasn't available anymore. But I got it back up, so get it while you can. You never know when those phantom deleters will get after it again.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...