Saturday, December 03, 2005

Livin' la Vida Christmas


Just so you don't think I'm only sharing musty old LPs from the 50s, I'm going to share a musty old LP from the 80s. Then it's back to the 50s. This is Menudo-Feliz Navidad (Profono Internacional TPL-1405, 1983). I think this predates Ricky Martin's involvement with the band. I guess prior to him coming along, you didn't have to be a pretty-boy to get in the band. I have no idea what most of these songs are, with the exception of Silent Night (Nocha de Paz). I think they are mostly originals, though. And to my ears they don't sound very Christmassy. But please download it, and judge for yourself. If nothing else, you get a great cover.

3 comments:

  1. Only very recently discovered your blog and am loving it! Thanks for so much Christmas joy! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great christmas album...brings back great memories of my childhood. Thanks for posting it... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great album! Reminds me of my childhood, oh, and a lot of the songs are traditional Puerto Rican Navidad tunes. One is a version of little drummer boy; another is about a chicken who won't make any noise because it's afraid of being Xmas dinner.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...