Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Buddy And His Silent Bunny


Tonight's LP is from the well-known duo of Buddy And Bunny Burden. You say you've never heard of them? How can that be? Perhaps you didn't hang out in Gatlinburg in the sixties. OK, so these two might not be a household name, but after you listen to their record, you might decide to spread their name a little further afield. I have yet to figure out exactly what Bunny brings to the table. Sure, she looks nice there on the cover, but there's not a peep from her on this record. She's not even mentioned on the back cover. And did I mention I think Buddy is wearing the same tuxedo that my dad was married in? Of course he didn't have the snazzy haircut. Anyhow, without further hoo-ha, please be my guest and download the unique organ style of Buddy & Bunny Burden-Christmas Favorites (Modern Sound Christmas Album #5). And if you know anything more about these two, please drop me a line. Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Perfectly cheesy stuff for the holiday season! Thanks, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!I played guitar for them back in 1966. hope there fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You worked with them? Tell us more! When, where, how? All I've heard about them is rumor...

    Thanks for commenting, but don't leave me hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As of I last heard from him, about a year ago..Buddy Burden was still alive. Buddy played organ, piano and sang. His wife Bunny played drums, accordian, banjo, and ukelele. Bunny and Buddy recorded three albums of material. Gatlinburg Swings album was on Spar, and it was recorded on mobile equipment at the Gatlinburg Lodge. Copies sometimes pop up on eBay. Organ Favorites was issued on Spar 8 tracks, however probably the best seller was their Christmas album on Modern Sound.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually corresponded with Buddy a couple years ago, he seemed like a nice guy. There were a pair of Christmas tracks out on a different LP from Modern Sound that actually featured Bunny on vocals. I'm sure I talk about it somewhere here at the blog, but that was a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...