Thursday, December 01, 2005

On The First Day Of December


Since it's the first day of December, I thought I'd give you something that many folks have been looking for. This is one of three Christmas releases (that I know of) from Eddie Dunstedter, none of which have made it to CD yet. However, tracks from them have shown up on many compilations, not the least of which is Christmas Cocktails. I'm sharing out two of the three, and here is the first. Please download Eddie Dunstedter-The Bells Of Christmas (Capitol ST 1264, c. 1959). More organ than you can shake a stick at!

Correction-I screwed up track 12. I truncated over half the track for some reason. It's a medley of two songs, and I must have edited it after the first one without knowing. If this is your first time dropping by, the download shown above is correct. If any of the 66 people who already downloaded this record drop by, you can get just the corrected track 12 here. Sorry about the screw-up.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooooh! I just picked up a vinyl copy of this. Haven't had the chance to listen to it yet, so this'll be awesome - I can listen today at work. Thanks!

    12vman (Joe from Western NY)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking up my great grandfather's name and there and I ran in to your sight. I grew up listening to this album during the holidays. It's a very special album. Anyways, thank you for that I needed it.

    Take Care!
    Adam Watters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is Eddie Dunstedter still living? I heard him when I was very young at a Mpls theater And I am now 80 yrs old. Sorry I couldn't download anything. Flo from Indiana
    Thursday Aug. 10 2006

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eddie Dunstedter appears to have passed away in 1974. I don't know any of the details, I'm afraid. And the downloads should return this Christmas season, knock on wood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I am so Happy to see there are some of you out there who remember this great and Talented Musician who was my Grandfather and my mother and Uncle are still very much alive and we have Boxes of his memerolbelia,Pictures scripts.newspapers, you name it.....He was THEE MASTER...and could we all tell you some great stories....What a Life They lived!!!! I have all his Albums and his 78's and even some film.........love to share it with all of you.....Brandy or Lindabran@Yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...