Thursday, December 28, 2023

Ski Season 3

The third and last of the skiing related remasters of the day (didn't I say earlier there were only two? What do I know?) is this set of songs featuring two different groups. I suspect that one of the groups' songs were stuff that the label had rights to for some strange reason and they didn't know what to do with them. So they created a studio group to record some other songs and put the whole thing out as an album. I see on Discogs that this is available in stereo, but I don't have one. I recorded my same old mono copy, the only one I've ever seen, the one where the front cover is no longer attached to the back cover and the vinyl is covered in scratches. I'm not happy with the sound on this one, but I'll have to keep sharing it until I get something better. If anyone has the stereo version, hit me up! This rip is still better than what I shared with you back in 2008, I even got it to play through so there are no skips this time! And between a close listen and close read of the liner notes, I think I was able to separate out the tracks by The Yodelin' Guides from The Blazers this time. To complete today's skiing trilogy, this is The Blazers & The Yodelin' Guides-Track!-Songs Of The Skiers (Kapp KL-1218, Mono, 1960).

1. The Blazers-Ski Trails
2. The Blazers-Winter Song
3. The Blazers-There's A Tavern In The Town; Vive La Compagnie
4. The Yodelin' Guides-S.B.B. (The Swiss Railroad Song)
5. The Blazers-She'll Be Skiing Down The Mountain; The Man On The New Pair Of Skis; Wham! Went The Skier
6. The Blazers-The Happy Wanderer
7. The Yodelin' Guides-Hop-Sah-Sah
8. The Blazers-Ski, Ski, Ski
9. The Blazers-We're The Gang; Give A Cheer
10. The Yodelin' Guides-The Weggis Song
11. The Blazers-Beer Barrel Polka
12. The Blazers-It Happened In Sun Valley

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. There are more skiing songs than I would have thought feasible, although I suppose "She'll Be Skiing Down the Mountain" is kind of cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this last of your skiing trilogy upgrades of the year -- much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a fourth one, but it's out there on CD or downloading or something so I skipped it. But I think these three are OK. It's a whole sub-genre at this point. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...