Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Day Early-Part 3-Finally, Something New


I promised something new today, and here it is. The third installment of today's ski-themed post is this gem from The Blazers and The Yodelin' Guides. I think this one is the best of the three I'm throwing up today, so if you only get one of them, this might be the one. I think that you'll really get a kick out of this one, and it has a couple of songs that might even qualify as seasonal, not just skiing. Be my guest and get a copy of The Blazers & The Yodelin' Guides-Track! Songs Of The Skiers (Kapp 1218, Mono, 1960). This record was pretty beat up, so it's got quite a lot of noise on it that I couldn't do much with. And one track even has a skip in it, so if you like your vinyl clean as a whistle, perhaps you should skip this one.

1. Ski Trails
2. Winter Song
3. There's A Tavern In The Town-Vive La Compagnie
4. S.B.B. (The Swiss Railroad Song)
5. She'll Be Skiing Down The Mountain-The Man On The New Pair Of Skiis-Wham! Went The Skier
6. The Happy Wanderer
7. Hop-Sah-Sah
8. Ski, Ski, Ski
9. We're The Gang-Give A Cheer
10. The Weggis Song (This track skips at one point. Sorry...)
11. Beer Barrel Polka
12. It Happened In Sun Valley

In addition to putting up track listings for you this year, I'm trying to scan in the labels of all the new shares. Old shares aren't going to have this added bonus, but all the new ones should have scans of the A and B side labels included in the download. You'll also find scans of the front and back covers in there, but you knew that, didn't you? I try to do a good job for you.

PS-I'm aware of only one other skiing LP, but I don't have it in my collection. If you're lucky, you can still get it over at the excellent Stax-O-Wax blog. Tell her I said howdy!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!

    Thank you, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to listen to this one but the link appears to have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...