Saturday, November 29, 2008

Second Thing In The Morning


What better way to follow up Big Tiny Little than with Pete Fountain? No, the names don't have anything in common, nor do the musical styles, but I think you'll enjoy this one just as much. I first shared this stereo version out last year, but for a couple of years before that, I was sharing out a mono copy. I think you'll agree that the stereo sounds much better. So go download Pete Fountain-Candy Clarinet (Coral CRL 757487, Stereo, 1966).

1. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
2. Santa Claus Medley: Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town, Jingle Bells
3. Winter Wonderland
4. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
5. Blue Christmas
6. Candy Clarinet
7. Jingle Bell Rock
8. I'll Be Home For Christmas
9. The Little Drummer Boy
10. Silver Bells
11. White Christmas
12. Christmas Is A-Comin' (May God Bless You)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie

    Till so far, great! What a fabulous start of the holiday season. Is there any chance to reup Fred Waring's 'The Meaning of Christmas and Sounds of Christmas, As far as I know the 2-cd is out of print.

    Many many thanks, Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fred Waring is available at Yestermusic:

    http://www.yestervideo.com/621326.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi King,

    Yes I know. I've done research and that 2-cd is not ackknowledged by the original company. So what's the risk? Capitol has never given any approval to the relase of a 2-cd.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. king,

    No hard feelings I hope? i have tried to describe this rational. There a so many downloads with so many albums that already released on cd. There must be someone who's willing to share. Perhaps a private share. Yestervideo is located in the USA. I'm living in The Netherlands. If I'm ordering that one. By the time Christmas is over I have my cd. From experience.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ron,

    I don't think you've offended anyone. I just try not to share out stuff that's on CD, and especially stuff that's recently been on CD. And whether they have a license from Capitol or not, those two records are on those two CDs, and I'm not going to step on their toes. Maybe if that CD goes out of print for ten years or so, then I'll consider it a fair share, but not right now.

    Plenty of other Fred Waring goodies here at the blog, though. I'm gonna have a Fred Waring day here petty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my favorite albums you've shared ... a phrase I'm sure I'm going to be saying a lot as the season advances. I especially like Candy Clarinet. It's a jaunty tune that gets my toes-a-tapping ... but only on the left foot ... how odd.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...