Wednesday, December 27, 2023

En Español-Volumen Seis

Time for a little various artist action in our Spanish speaking extravaganza today. Having tracks from different artists can help to give a more varied listening experience, I think, and I find that I enjoy the Spanish-language compilations a little more than the single artist collections. Perhaps that's just because I haven't found the right artist yet. Anyhow, I'm just blathering on about nothing. Here's part two of a compilation that I have not seen a part one of. Keep an eye out and let me know if you find the other one. This is Fiestas Navideñas (Melodias Navideñas Vol. 2) (Seeco SCLP-9185, Mono).

1. Claudio Ferrer-Santo Nombre De Jesús
2. Claudio Ferrer-A Mi Puerto Rico
3. La Calandria-Brindis
4. Bobby Capó-Alegre Navidad
5. Conjunto Tipico Ladi-Trullas De Navidad
6. Daniel Santos-A Los Santos Reyes
7. Claudio Ferrer-Aguinaldo De Las Flores
8. La Calandria-Felicitación
9. Daniel Santos-Romance Del Campesino
10. Bobby Capó-Le Lo Lay
11. La Calandria-Parrandeando
12. Ada Carrillo & Tony Cordero-A Gozar Y A Reír

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. Wow- some old Puerto Rican classics here. I'd have to say my favorite here is Bobby Capo - especially “Alegre Navidad”. It captures some of the best elements of Puerto Rican folk music, including the famous ‘le lo lay’ phrases. He also recorded the Christmas classic “De Las Montañas Venimos”, which unfortunately is not on this record. Thanks for this Ernie!

    -Steve in PA 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually heard of Bobby Capo, but I couldn't tell you where. Maybe I shared out something of his elsewhere, maybe I have a CD of his music somewhere. Not sure, but I know of the name.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...