Saturday, December 30, 2023

A Change Of Pace

From Alaska we head down to the sunny Caribbean and a little reggae. Talk about shifting gears! This is Carlene Davis-Christmas Reggae Rock (VP Records VPRL-1050, Stereo, 1988). Also worth mentioning is the fact that this is the first day since the afternoon of Thanksgiving that I have not given you a Christmas share every four hours or less. I'm starting to run out of shares, so it's going to start to thin out from now until Epiphany. I hope I can make it that far, actually, I need to do a good inventory of what I have left. But there aren't that many of you left visiting every day anyway, I'm sure you'll understand.

1. Little Drummer Boy
2. Silent Night
3. Bright Christmas (Medley) (Dreaming Of A Bright Christmas/Mary's Boy Child/Joy To The World/Oh Holy Night/Go Tell It On The Mountain/Wish You A Merry Christmas/Dreaming Of A Bright Christmas)
4. Virgin Mary
5. Give Love On Christmas Day
6. When A Child Is Born
7. Auld Lang Syne

MEGA

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie,
    I had to pause watching Charlie Chan at the Opera to start listening to this album. What a gem. This is currently my number 4 favorite. Just think of all your readers who are missing out on these gems. Glad you save this one for later and for your continued readers to listen to. This is another album, that needs a follow-up one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ernie, you have gone above and beyond beyond this year and you have brought so much joy to this season for me. I am so grateful for any and all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening to "Give Love On Christmas Day", which turns out NOT to be a version of the Jackson 5ive song...although the way she sing the title is pretty much the same, so a little bit of a ripoff. But not in a bad way. It's pretty nice, actually--always happy to have a Sly & Robbie-produced Christmas album!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think the reggae world likes the help themselves to someone else's song and pass it off as their's. This isn't the first time I've heard something very similar being passed off as original.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...