Thursday, December 28, 2023

Ski Season 2

As promised, I have another non-Christmas album for the snow skiers out there. I mention that it's for snow skiing since I live in Florida and if you say skiing to someone here, they assume you mean water skiing. Of course, we can't do much of that this time of year. Well, I guess you could, but that water sure is cold. Not as cold as the snow they ski on though. This next LP is a remaster of something also first shared in 2011 and is making a very welcome return today. This record has a bit more winter content and many of the songs could be dropped into a Christmas mix without too much concern. If you go back to the old post you can read all about this one and the various bona fides of the brothers shown sharing a single pair of skis there on the cover. Trust me when I say they were quite a bunch. I believe that there are some conflicting ID's given in the contents so even after all these years I'm unsure of which is which. Maybe you can figure it out. In the meantime, please download and enjoy The Wegeman Brothers, Ray Whitaker Orchestra-Gentleman Skiers-Ski Songs By The Wegeman Brothers (Raynote RN 5008, Mono, 1959).

1. Winter Wonderland
2. Two Boards
3. Wacky Waxer
4. Oola
5. Here's To The Skier
6. Sven
7. Skiers Medley
8. Skiers Lament
9. Under The Take-Off
10. Sun Valley
11. Winter Song
12. Ski Heil

MEGA

8 comments:

  1. I see one of the Wegemans' wives wrote in to you way back when - how nice!

    I have another record on Raynote, and it took me all of my limited brainpower to remember what it is - a late Spade Cooley LP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot about that! I need to go back and re-read all those comments.

      I'm surprised there is anything else on this label, I figured it was a one-off vanity label for these guys. Discogs shows seven releases, but no Spade Cooley. (And one of those is clearly not correct...)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I checked Discogs and knew it wasn't any of those records. But then it came to me, somehow.

      Delete
    3. Too many hours deep in the vinyl stacks! :)

      Delete
  2. great songs.
    thanks you very much and ski heil

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...