Sunday, December 24, 2023

A King For The King

I'm closing out the night before Christmas with a remaster of an old favorite, again something that was frequently requested by visitors this year. Pete King was a popular behind-the-scenes supplier of music, orchestrations, arrangements and all things musical for many years, working with many of the biggest names in the business throughout the Sixties. And he's been a popular part of this blog since I first shared his Christmas album in 2007, and I've remastered it for you now. I'm also throwing in a few bonus tracks that have featured during various Christmas in July celebrations, at least this way you have them all together. This is The Pete King Chorale And Orchestra-Christmas Time (Kapp KS-3214, Stereo, 1960). That's all I've got to share with you until after Christmas. I may check in with you tomorrow, but I'm not posting any more shares until Boxing Day. I hope you've had a great season up to this point, and you have a great day tomorrow. I'm very tired and might sleep through the whole thing.

1. My Favorite Things
2. Silver Bells
3. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen; It Came Upon The Midnight Clear; Joy To The World
4. The Christmas Song
5. Sleigh Ride
6. Adeste Fideles; Silent Night
7. The Night Before Christmas
8. The Little Drummer Boy
9. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
10. Mary's Little Boy Child
11. The First Noel; Away In A Manger; Oh, Holy Night
12. White Christmas

13. Overture-The Skaters Waltz (Bonus Track)
14. Sleighride (Bonus Track)
15. Winter Wonderland (Bonus Track)
16. Auld Lang Syne (Bonus Track)

MEGA

18 comments:

  1. You have gone above and beyond this year and you deserve all the rest you need. You absolutely blew my mind with your shares and brought me a lot of joy and something to look forward to during what is always a difficult time of year. I can’t thank you enough for that. Merry Christmas to you and Meredith, Ernie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, as always, Ernie! Have yourself a merry little Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Ernie & Meredith! Quite the banner year you gave us (so far!) this season. Hope you have a lovely holiday with plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Merry Christmas to you! No rest for us, gotta hit the road and visit relatives today. :)

      Delete
  4. A beautiful album. Thanks so much Merry Christmas and a fabulous 2024.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you not just for THIS, but for all that you do. For some reason, this holiday season just didn't feel the same for me and your blog helped make it more tolerable. Best wishes to you and Meredith for a Happy, HEALTHY, New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music always makes anything better!

      Delete
    2. AMEN! Hope you and Meredith had a great Christmas Day yesterday!

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas, buddy! And thanks for all the shares yesterday, today and through the season. Special thanks for Pete - I like this LP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Buster! Hope you heard something new this season. :)

      Delete
  7. I was tired quite a bit yesterday myself! Had this album for several years before I purged it; I think I was expecting something more alonng the lines of the Ray Charles Singers, The Johnny Mann Singers, and Ray Conniff, and was disappointed that this one sounded more like Fred Waring and Harry Simeone and was not as lively as the many Jack Jones albums Pete did arrangements for at Kapp Records. Pete also did arrangements for Jackie Gleason's classic Music For Lovers Only album.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only records I've purged have been a few of the non-Christmas titles. I need to do a lot more of that, in fact. Someday...

      Delete
  8. wow, what a sound of christmas.
    total unknown to me.
    many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's us, bringing you the unknown sound of Christmas since 2005!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...