Saturday, December 30, 2023

State #50, Part 1

I've got a short series of records here that's going to be the beginning of a long-term project I've been meaning to start for a while now. It is my intention to bring you a Christmas record produced in each of the fifty US states. It may take me a while, but I hope to get something from all the corners of the US. I'm going to go ahead and get one of the hard ones out of the way right now, Hawaii. Being a chain of islands way out in the middle of the Pacific, it's tough for records from Hawaii to make it to me here in Florida, but it happens. And here's your proof right here, a record from a boy choir that will be sure to brighten your day. This is The Honolulu Boy Choir-Christmas With The Honolulu Boy Choir (Lehua SL 7047, Stereo, 1980).

1. Caroling, Caroling
2. Makahiki, The Christmas Menehune
3. Ang Pasko Ay Sumapit
4. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
5. Kani Kani Na Pele Niu -- My Hawaiian Madonna
6. We Need A Little Christmas
7. I'll Be Home For Christmas
8. Christmas In Hawaii
9. Tiny Joe
10. May The Good Lord Bless And Keep You
11. Numbah One Day Of Christmas (AKA The Twelve Days Of Christmas)
12. Over In Bethlehem
13. The Merriest Hawaiian Christmas

MEGA

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie,
    Since finally being diagnosed with ADHS (ADHD) in early 2019 at the age of 42, then Corona 19 happening, my usual file ordering system flew out the window. While, my living spaces still are in file order, so to speak. It just is some of my computer files are not.
    But, with all the goodies you have shared this year, I am setting up new improved folders. I have no idea who so many of these artists are, but with folders labeled: Harps - other, or Organs - other, i can now go into these and find what I am looking for.
    My life, from a child has always been organized. It was ingrained in me to be so.
    Now, I just need to go back to the folders dated 2019 and later, from your great website and separate these out into these new folders I am creating.
    Now, I can add a new one, maybe called USA & territories?
    Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll probably be able to find things more easily than I can. :)

      Delete
  2. Just me again Ernie. Now I just need to spend some time going through your shares looking for maybe something you have shared in the past from one of the Territories of the USA.
    I guess the search window will help in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of other states in the archives. Lots!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for letting me know. I would never have thought of this theme as a category.

      Delete
  3. I feel like there’s a couple of tracks from this group on a compilation I have in my collection - very curious to see if they’re from the same album!

    Hawaiian Christmas music is a favorite. If I remember correctly, the Scandinavians also love Hawaiian Christmas music: Yngve Stoor’s 1971 album “Jul Med Yngve Stoor” from Sweden for example, but there are others! Maybe you can make a list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaiian Christmas music on the 49th State label is the best, because Hawaii was the 50th state! :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...