Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Dolls, Puppets & Toys-Part One

Well, that's it, Christmas has come and gone. You blink and you miss it. Seems like just last week I was on a ferry crossing Lake Como in Italy and now Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas have all gone by. New Year's is fast on the way, too. But I'm going to try to hold onto that Christmas spirit a little longer by continuing to share crazy Christmas music from vinyl with you. I usually go at least through the twelfth day of Christmas, but we'll see how far I get this year. I tried to get all the best stuff out to you before Christmas, so some of the stuff I have left in the pile may be B-roll items. Hopefully there's still something in there for you to enjoy, and it'll keep in the tin until next year, I promise. Up here early in the morning is a remaster of a singing doll record that I first shared with you back in 2008 and it's been a recurring thing ever since. I re-recorded it this year just because I thought I could do a little better job than what I'd done in the past. I hope you enjoy it. If you had one of these dolls when you were a kid, please leave me a comment and tell me all about it. I hope this record brings back many fond memories. This is Heidi-The Night Before Christmas (Majorette M-304, Mono, 1965).

1. Introduction From Heidi
2. Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer
3. Silent Night
4. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
5. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
6. O Christmas Tree
7. Deck The Halls
8. Frosty The Snowman
9. Joy To The World
10. The First Noel
11. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
12. O Little Town Of Bethlehem
13. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
14. The Story Of The Night Before Christmas

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. Just listened to this one recently. I really enjoy her accent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great day, Ernie (and Laurie, too!).

    I may pass on Heidi; no offense.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...