Friday, December 29, 2023

Organ Donor, Part 5

Up next is a group of crazy medleys played on a crazy organ by a crazy organist. Beyond that, I don't know much to share with you. This is The Organ Masters-Merry Christmas! (RCA Camden CAS-2517, Stereo, 1971). I see references online to this actually being Dick Hyman, but there's nothing on the record to indicate that. Give it a listen and let me know what you think.

1. Medley: Jingle Bells; Silver Bells
2. Medley: I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day; It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas; Pine Cones And Holly Berries
3. Medley: Frosty The Snowman; Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer; Sleigh Bells And Cinnamon
4. Medley: Welcome Christmas (From Dr. Seuss' "How The Grinch Stole Christmas"); What's New About Christmas This Year?; Happy Holiday
5. Medley: (There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays; I'll Be Home For Christmas
6. Medley: White Christmas; The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
7. Medley: The First Noel; O Little Town Of Bethlehem; O Come, All Ye Faithful
8. Medley: O Holy Night; Silent Night; Do You Hear What I Hear
9. Medley: A Christmas Carol; Carol Of The Bells

MEGA

10 comments:

  1. Thanks! Discogs has this note: "Musician Dick Hyman used the alias The Organ Masters for several albums under the Camden label."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but Discogs isn't an original source. I can go on there and add a note that Aphex Twin is really Banksy if I wanted to. :) I think that one of my old Hi-Fi shares was attributed to Dick Hyman, but I could never find evidence of that.

      Delete
    2. I guess we could ask Dick. He's still with us. ♥️ He made hundreds of recordings, a number of which he is uncredited.

      Delete
    3. At one point he lived here in Sarasota, not sure if he still does. Went to an art exhibit by his wife once, but neither showed up.

      Delete
  2. You can currently buy one of the Organ Masters' lps autographed by Dick on his website.
    http://www.dickhyman.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That feels like a pretty strong bit of evidence in the "It Is Him" column. :)

      Delete
  3. Never been a big organ fan for music but this cover looks familiar. Did I pass it up or bring it home when I dug through my great-uncle's records back in 1987 just when turntables were going out of style? Guess I'd better download it and listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to download them all! You never know what might tickle your memory bone!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...