Saturday, December 02, 2023

Not The Chipmunks 2

Next up in our cavalcade of fake chipmunks is this record by The Chippers. This comes to us from Canadian budget label Arc, which should come as no surprise. Well, the budget part, you may not know anything about Arc. I bought a copy of this record at a thrift store in NYC a few years ago, but didn't realize until I got it home that a big chuck was chipped out of it. Took me a few years, but I finally got another copy that I could rip for you. I think this is the one with Twelve Days of Christmas where they keep singing it wrong, but to be honest all these records run together. Give it a listen and let me know. This is The Chippers-The Chippers Sing (AKA Christmas With The Chippers) (Arc (Canada) AC-22, Stereo, 1963).

1. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
2. There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays
3. Frosty The Snowman
4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
5. Let It Snow
6. White Christmas
7. Jingle Bells
8. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
9. Winter Wonderland
10. Sleighride
11. Deck The Halls
12. O Tannenbaum
13. Good King Wenceslas
14. Twelve Days Of Christmas

MEGA

4 comments:

  1. These guys are cuter than Alvin and his gang, and I'm sure they couldn't sound worse. Budget label, too!

    I occasionally see Arc things around here because we aren't that far from the Great White North.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell anyone, but there's a whole day of Arc releases coming up. This could have gone either way, but I thought it fit in better here. :)

      Delete
    2. Good to see some arc's coming up, probably the AC series. Been picking up what I can in the last year or so of Arc. It had such a variety of genres here in Canada in the label's golden age but sadly no one cares here ans likely the master tapes have long been lost on most of their material. Mainly pick them up at thrift stores. Anne Murray's first album was on ARC though.

      Delete
    3. It's a little hard to find anything on Arc down here in Florida, but I try to keep my eyes open. :)

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...