Monday, November 27, 2023

Halfway Around The World 5

Can you see why I titled these posts "Halfway Around The World"? We're really only bouncing around Europe, and there's a whole lot more world out there that we're missing, probably more than we're including, unfortunately. But that's the records they put in their series. Maybe next year I'll be able to feature music from further afield. Now it's time to head back south to sunny Spain, where it never rains on the plain. Or wait, maybe the rain is mostly on the plain. Again, I've never been so I don't know for sure. But they have some nice music, give a listen to Christmas Singalong In Spanish (Shelley X-4, Stereo).

1. Ven a Belen
2. Pastores a Belen
3. El Nino Jesus
4. La Virgen Esta Lavando
5. Fum, Fum, Fum
6. Noche de Paz
7. A la Nanita, Nana
8. Madre, a la Puerta Esta un Nino
9. Canto del Aquinaldo
10. Canso de Nadal
11. Chiquirriquitin
12. La Virgen Va Caminado
13. La Jornada
14. El Buen Rabadan
15. Campana Sobre Campana

MEGA


2 comments:

  1. Ernie! I'm trying to keep up with the downloads! The listening phase is another matter, and I've gotten to some of that, despite all the competing priorities.
    In past years (and also about a week ago), I've passed along some of your foreign-language shares to local folks that have all been very happy about that. This year has offered new opportunities, so much so that now I want to update at least one recent local share.
    You do so much for all of us, not just the sharing, but also the meticulous content revitalization that your technical skills provide to this aging media.
    Ernie, part of me wants to grab every share right as it happens, while the rest of me is sending big props out to all the folks who comment on these shares. I collect your notes, along with the comments, into text files to provide context about the wonderful (and, sometimes, not as wonderful) music that you're putting out there for all of us.
    Thanks very much, Ernie. You are on our CC list, and you'll get a download URL for this year's seasonal mix when I get that put together!
    Merry Christmas, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I do this because I love the music. I wish I could do a better job of the writing part, but I'm glad you think it's worth saving. Sometimes I wish I knew more of the backstory behind some of these records. More foreign stuff to come, if I get to it all. All over South America, the Caribbean islands, and of course more from Europe. It's a wide, wide world!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...