Monday, November 27, 2023

Halfway Around The World 7

This record is the oddball of the stuff I'm posting today. Take a good look at the cover. Looks a lot like the other records I've posted here all day long, but it's not part of the same series, or even a product of the same label. I think it's just a copycat, someone trying to get a few more sales by pretending to be something they aren't. Look at that big block C, that can't be a coincidence. And the little scene in the lower right, similar but different. All the others show Christmas scenes in the country from the title, but this one shows Mary and Joseph and their little donkey on the way to Bethlehem. Close, but not the same. I had this on my shelf with the others and didn't realize it was not part of the series until I noticed the other records didn't mention this one on the back sleeve. Another difference is that this record contains performances by a few different artists, most of whom are credited, but not all. But for all the differences, it's still a good addition to your collection. This is Christmas Sing-Along In Polish (Śpiewajmy Razem) (Harmonia HLP 3007, Stereo).

1. Unknown Artist-Do Szopy Hej Pasterze
2. Chór Kościoła św. Krzyża-Lulajże Jezuniu
3. Bolesławski I Chór Armii-W Żłobie Leży
4. Ignacy Podgórski I Jego Nadzwyzajna Orkiestra-Hej W Dzień Narodzenia
5. Organ I Chór Parafli Św Piotra I Pawła-Wśród Nocnej Ciszy
6. Unknown Artist-Cicha Noc
7. Organ I Chór Parafli Św Piotra I Pawła-Anioł Pasterzom Mówił
8. Organ I Chór Parafli Św Piotra I Pawła-Hej Bracia, Czy Śpicie
9. Organ I Chór Parafli Św Piotra I Pawła-Dzisiaj W Betlejem
10. Organ I Chór Parafli Św Piotra I Pawła-Przybieżeli Do Betlejem
11. Organ I Chór Parafli Św Piotra I Pawła-Bóg Zawitał
12. Ignacy Podgórski I Jego Nadzwyzajna Orkiestra-Dzwonki Na Gaiazdkę

MEGA

2 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...