Monday, November 27, 2023

Halfway Around The World 6

The end of the series brings us to England, and what appears to be the rarest title of the group. All the other records had been in a pile on my shelf for years, waiting for that elusive sixth record to appear, but it never turned up. So I tracked down the only copy listed on Discogs and bought it, still sealed, for plenty more than the $0.50 or $1.00 I paid for all the other records in the series. I opened it up and sure enough, both labels were black and had fallen off of the vinyl. So remember that when you buy something that's still sealed. You never know what's sealed inside. But at least they were there so I could get a good scan for you. I spent a couple of days in London before heading to Italy this summer, and I wish I could have stayed longer. London is pretty impressive and we only got to spend a few hours alongside the Thames. Maybe next year. There's lot of overlap here with the American Christmas canon, so I suspect that's why it wasn't a big seller. This is Christmas Singalong In English (Shelley X-1, Stereo).

1. Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
2. O Come, All Ye Faithful
3. The Holly And The Ivy
4. It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
5. Good King Wenceslas
6. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
7. Joy To The World
8. The First Nowell
9. Silent Night
10. We Three Kings Of Orient Are
11. Shepherds, Shake Off Your Drowsy Sleep
12. Good Christian Men, Rejoice
13. God Rest You, Merry Gentlemen

MEGA

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...