Sunday, November 26, 2023

Country Style

Shifting gears here a bit, how about some original country Christmas songs? OK, they're not all originals, but more than enough to give it some spice. You always need more songs about Santa, so give this one a try. You know you want to hear Santa Won't You Be My Baby! This is Marty Merchant-Christmas Country Style (Fresville FRCMM 102, Stereo, 1981). Pretty sure I took this one out of the shrink wrap, so the sound is vintage 1981.

1. Do You Suppose Santa Knows I've Moved?
2. Lonely Christmas Tree
3. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
4. Christmas Elves
5. Frosty The Snowman
6. Santa Won't You Be My Baby
7. Reindeer Rock
8. Winter Wonderland
9. Brand New Santa
10. Silver Bells

MEGA

16 comments:

  1. Glossy 1981-era country doesn't much appeal to me these days, but those original song titles definitely have my curiosity getting the best of me. That first song alone...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Song titles and a cover are all I have to go by when I find these things. I think I did all right on this one, and you'll do OK too. :)

      Delete
  2. If you’re a Marty Merchant completist, I’m pretty sure she also has a single called “E.T.’s Helping Santa” that I’ve seen on eBay a bunch of times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe it's the same lady. Forgot to mention that in my write up. :)

      Delete
    2. E.T.'s helping Santa? Now there's an exploitation title if every I've heard one.

      Delete
  3. Thanks! Have you ever considered posting in a lossless format?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not compatible with my current workflow, but things will likely change next year if I get the new PC I'm after. This one is so old it's got a little tiny abacus beside the CPU to handle the bigger numbers. :)

      Delete
    2. You mean you rip directly to mp3 and can't do it another way?

      Delete
    3. PS. Don't get a Winders machine.

      Delete
    4. Much of my software is old and doesn't support FLAC. When I get a new PC, I'm going to have to learn new software, change the workflow and possibly switch to FLAC. We'll see. Don't know what a Winders Machine is...

      Delete
    5. Lol. You have to be southern. Winders = Windows

      Delete
  4. Apparantely the only thing Marty Merchant loves more than singing songs about Santa is her love of the good ole U S of A. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxOwzlUBtTc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lordy, how old is this woman? Makes Dora Hall sound like a schoolgirl in comparison! 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pack or two a day can work wonders! 4 out of 5 doctors agree!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...