Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Brass Monkey 3

I'm back with more from The Galliard Brass Ensemble. Believe me when I tell you that these guys love their Christmas music.This second LP is more of the same, so if you liked the first one, this is a good one to try next. This is The Galliard Brass Ensemble-Carols For Brass (Musical Heritage Society MHS 4276 (Also MusicMasters MM20039), Stereo, 1980). Got a bonus cover for this one, too. I suspect there's a standard B&W cover for this one somewhere, like so many of the LPs on this label, but I don't have it. That bright orange job is a bit of an outlier for MHS. It also caused some issues for my scanner, kept coming out bright red. Hopefully I color corrected it to something close to real life. Probably too yellow though, like all my other scans this year. :(

1. Angels We Have Heard On High
2. Good King Wenceslas
3. Greensleeves
4. I Saw Three Ships
5. Tantum Ergo-Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence
6. O Tannenbaum
7. Silent Night
8. Sing We Now Of Christmas (Noel Nouvolet)
9. O Come, O Come, Emmanuel
10. The Holly And The Ivy
11. Carol Of The Bells
12. The First Noel
13. We Three Kings
14. Away In A Manger
15. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
16. Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming
17. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
18. Coventry Carol
19. Gloucestershire Wassail
20. O Maria, Diana Stella

MEGA

2 comments:

  1. I suspect the MusicMasters issue was first, then MHS picked it up after MusicMasters went under.

    That's an odd cover on the MM release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So MusicMasters was first? I don't know much about either label. The orange one is very out of character for the MHS that I know though.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...