Monday, November 27, 2023

Halfway Around The World 8

I've finished up one series of international Christmas records (including one that's not quite like the others), so it's time to start a new series of international Christmas records. Unfortunately I don't have all the records in this series, and I'm not even sure how many there are. Discogs lists four of them, two of which I have and two I don't. I've also got one that's not listed at Discogs, so that makes five. I shared one from Germany with you at the tail end of the 2019 Christmas season, so go get that one if you like. This first one for you today is in Spanish, though I'm not certain if it's supposed to represent Spain or any of their former colonies across Latin America. I'll go out on a limb here and say it's Spain based on the little Spanish flag that the doll holds on the back of Santa's burro there on the cover. I think a lot of the music is popular across the Spanish-speaking world, so it's not too important. Anyhow, here is the first of two records from this series, The International Chorale-A Spanish Christmas Sing Along (Colonial COL-ST-LP-858, Stereo). This series features an actual artist name and also includes the lyric sheet like the others. The lyric sheets are surprisingly similar between the two series, but not identical.

1. Ven A Belen
2. Pastores A Belen
3. El Nino Jesus
4. La Virgen Esta Lavando
5. Fum, Fum, Fum
6. Noche De Paz
7. A La Nanita Nana
8. Madre, A La Puerta Esta Un Nino
9. Canto Del Aquinaldo
10. Canso De Nadal
11. Chiquirriquitin
12. La Virgen Va Caminado
13. La Jornada
14. El Buen Rabadan
15. Compana Sobre Campana

MEGA

Huh, I just noticed that the track list for this record and the earlier Spanish record I shared are exactly the same. I need to go listen and see if they are actually the same. How did I miss that? This is embarrassing. Well, they are not the same, track times are all different. Weird. Perhaps they made recordings based on the playlists from the other set. This is, umm, odd.

2 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...