Friday, December 01, 2023

Bonus Bonus

Here's a bonus record that I almost forgot about. It's another record that seems to have been something you might have ordered from a magazine, or gotten free with a subscription. And wouldn't you know it, it's from the same people as that last record. It's almost as if I plan these things sometimes. This is another record where I had the mono version all recorded and ready to scan when I discovered a stereo copy in the archives. So I recorded that one and then when it came time to do the scanning, I skipped the mono version and went straight to the stereo copy. So you only get one version of this one today, but I'm sure there's nothing special about that mono copy. Still wish I knew more about this Christian Herld company that put out these records, but I'm lazy and Google is not my friend today. If you know anything more, please share. In the meantime, this is ...And Shalt Call His Name Jesus-The Story Of Christmas In Music And Scriptures (Capitol Custom For Christian Herald CHS 1001-LP, Stereo).

1. The Bison Glee Club-Gloria Fanfare
2. Unknown Narrator-Part 1
3. Lutheran Hour Choir-Gabriel's Message
4. Unknown Narrator-Part 2
5. Del Roper-O, Litttle Town Of Bethlehem
6. Unknown Narrator-Part 3
7. Paul Mickelson Choir-We Three Kings
8. Unknown Narrator-Part 4
9. Unknown Artist-Evening Star
10. Unknown Narrator-Part 5
11. Lutheran Hour Choir-As Lately We Watched
12. Unknown Narrator-Part 6
13. Frank Boggs-Birthday Of A King
14. Frank Boggs-Sweet Little Jesus Boy
15. Unknown Narrator-Part 7
16. Unknown Artist-On Wings Of Song
17. Unknown Narrator-Part 8
18. Frank Boggs-Prayer
19. Unknown Narrator-Part 9
20. Unknown Artist-Selection From Peer Gynt
21. Unknown Narrator-Part 10
22. Unknown Artist-Theme From The Cornish Rhapsody
23. Unknown Narrator-Part 11
24. Frank Boggs-Joy To The World

MEGA

5 comments:

  1. The Christian Herald was an evangelical group and publication. The latter is no longer published.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I wound up with two or three of their records. They're not well annotated.

      Delete
  2. I google Frank Boggs and Christian Herald. It might be connected to the Christian Church/Church of Christ/Disciples of Christ - as this pdf states... 16 names or so in this document.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I don't know why it did anonymous. I entered Paul Mickleson and Frank Boggs on Discogs. The Christian Herald might have been an earlier version of Word Records, which would mean that they were put out before Word Records was established. I believe Sacred Records was also pre-Word Records days also.

      Delete
    2. I thought Word existed as a label way before this record, but I could be wrong. And did you mean to attach a link to a PDF, I'm not sure what you're talking about? There's bound to be a mention of this record somewhere, we just have to find it!

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...